Watch This Video To Learn More About How We're Keeping You Safe
In This COVID-19 Era, Safety Remains Paramount
We’ve made considerable investments in technology, conducted training, refined our protocols, and modified our schedules to ensure that we continue to provide you with the best possible dental care in a safe, comfortable environment. Here’s a summary of the changes we’ve made:
Technology – The cleanest air around
- We’ve installed IQair HyperHEPA filtration units in our treatment rooms. These devices are proven to capture particles generated during dental procedures that might otherwise remain airborne. It even removes microbes 25 times smaller than a coronavirus particle!
- We’ve also equipped our office with Oransi medical-grade air purifiers, the same ones used in the Javits Center COVID-19 “pop-up hospital”. Another way we are achieving excellent air quality.
- We’ve ordered Dry Shield isolation systems and Purevac HVE units to again reduce the chance of any microbes becoming airborne.
- We’ve contracted with NEXClean, a leading healthcare specialty cleaning service that has been contracted by CHOP, to regularly disinfect and protect our office against germs and viruses.
- We have introduced even stricter sterilization procedures to further reduce any chance of contamination, including same day rapid-testing of our autoclave – the machine we use to sterilize instruments.
- We’re screening every patient and team member in advance to ensure they’re free of COVID-19 exposure or symptoms before entering. We’ll ask some online health-related questions and take temperatures at every office visit.
- We’ve created a virtual waiting room so you have the ability to wait in the privacy of your vehicle instead of our reception area. We’ll text you when we’re ready to escort you directly to the dental chair.
- We’ve rearranged the offices, adjusted our schedules, and changed our guest policy to prevent crowding and allow for social distancing.
- We’ll all be wearing enhanced PPE and patients are also required to wear masks or face coverings, which are to be removed only during treatment.
This may seem like a lot of changes, but we’re here to help you every step of the way. If you have questions, please call us at:
Marlton: (856) 983-9620
Haddonfield: (856) 429-0404