The Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) connects your jawbone to your skull. Most people pay little attention to these joints until something goes wrong, causing pain in the joint or the associated muscles. Such disorders can be extremely painful, and once the pain starts it can be difficult to relieve. Symptoms can sometimes last for months or even years.
Our examinations are so robust and comprehensive we can often identify and treat potentially painful TMJ disorders even before any discomfort develops. These exams include:
- a detailed review of your dental and health history
- a thorough examination of the joint
- range of motion testing
- doppler-driven audio analysis
- bite analysis and alignment
- detect evidence of teeth grinding and other behaviors that cause TMJ disorders.
Comprehensive, preventive TMJ care. It’s another way Monokian Family and Cosmetic Dentistry is redefining the dental experience.